Definitions for Checking Tire Pressure
- PSI - is the measurement of pressure using pounds per square inch.
1. Start with Tires Being Cold
- Tires being cold usually refer to a car that has been parked for three hours or more.
2. Locate the recommended PSI
- This is typically found inside the driver's door or in the owners manual. If you cannot see this, you will need to consult with your car manufacturer.
3. Check Tire Pressure with Guage
- Take valve cap off your car tire valve. Then take the open end of the tire gauge and place it over the top of the valve and press firmly. The car pressure will then push the stem out of the other side. The stem will have numbers on it and where it stops will be the amount of PSI in the tire.
4. Fill or Remove Air if Needed.
- If you are underinflated, you will need to use an air compressor to add more air to your tire. If you are overinflated, you will need to use the other end of the tire gauge to let air out of your tire.
Over Inflation and Under Inflation Tire Problems
- Overinflation will cause quick wear in the center of the tire and could also cause cracking and bulging.
- Under Inflation will cause excess wear on the outside of the tire and for the middle to sink. This can also cause cracking and bulging of the tires.
Recommended Tire Gauge
- ACCURATE TIRE PRESSURES – This mechanical tire gauge is calibrated to ANSI B40.1 Grade B (±2%) international accuracy standard to ensure you maintain correct tire pressure. In addition, it features an integrated bleed button for precise tire pressure adjustment of overinflated tires.
- RECOMMENDED BY MECHANICS - Steel in construction with an extended 5mm chuck tip so you get a great seal with no air leakage. This automotive tool is robust, durable, is surrounded by a rubber cover so it is protected from drops and has a reinforced rubber hose. Superior in quality, it will not let you down.
- EASY TO USE - With a 360 degree angled rotating nozzle, enabling you to take a reading from a tire valve at any angle. The large easy to read scale and pressure holding function that keeps the reading on the gauge even after it has been taken off the valve makes it perfect for any car, SUV, RV, ATV, truck, bike or motorcycle.
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED - This top-rated, reliable, professional tire monitoring system is easy to use and will work in all weather conditions. An ideal automotive accessory.
- SAVE MONEY ON FUEL – And keep your family safe. An excellent gift for men or women makes an ideal birthday present. The best auto device buys with confidence today and get our 100% lifetime satisfaction guarantee. - GRAB IT NOW - On Manufacturer's Special Discount Today.