Job Posting – Supply Chain / Purchasing Manager – Master Scheduler
Headquartered in Southeast Houston, TX, TreadWright Tires manufactures and distributes the most environmental light truck & SUV tires in the industry. We are looking for an entrepreneurial mind set with an enthusiastic approach to purchasing and supply chain controls. Previous experience with S&OP processes production scheduling in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with plant engineering to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Experience with QuickBooks to generate PO’s and Item receipts in a high volume manufacturing environment..
- Excellent inventory control experience. Responsible for $1M worth of product inventory.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics and final delivery dates. TreadWright purchases casings from all over the US and needs to expand this supplier network in 2016.
- Responsible for all supply chain activities relative to the manufacturing schedule.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems. Travel is required to visit suppliers (2 days per month).
- TreadWright is a 95% e-commerce business with detailed QC controls related to Amazon.com, eBay.com and Treadwright.com orders. All Transactions are in QuickBooks – Experience with Quickbooks and general inventory transactions is highly desirable.
- Superior written and verbal skills. Responsible for all department continuous improvement programs.
- Manage all customer special requests and return orders for either restocking or engineering evaluations.
Education and/or Experience:
College degree is strongly preferred with specialization in accounting and human resources. Proven success in high paced customer service environment will be considered in lieu of a college degree
Depends on experience. $45k to $50k (company bonus potential up to 10% of salary).
Job Conditions / Safety Requirements:
Work is performed both in a normal manufacturing/distribution environment with lifting requirements up to 50lbs. Positions are being offered nationally.
Email your resume to Anthony@treadwright.com with the job title in the subject line.