Job Posting – Tire Manufacturing Technician
Headquartered in Southeast Houston, TX, TreadWright Tires is a recycling company that manufactures and distributes the most environmental light truck & SUV tires in the industry. We are looking for candidates with previous experience handling and manufacturing tires or working with injection molding presses. Have you worked in a retail tire shop mounting and dismounting tires (experience with Corghi balancers is a plus)? Have you worked in an injection molding shop running presses and changing molds? Have you worked in a retread plant with mold cure technology (NDT machines, automated buffers, orbitread equipment and CIMA Presses)? If you have answered yes to any of these jobs, we need you to apply!
- Experience in the following industries: Injection molding (presses, molds or any quality control position), retail tire store (mount, dismount or balancing of tires) and retread manufacturing plant (running a NDT, automated buffer, orbitread or CIMA press).
- Basic mechanical aptitude for a variety of tire manufacturing equipment.
- Experience working within a quality control environment with exact measurements and visual inspection processes.
- Technician’s must be willing to learn the whole tire remolding process: inspecting tires, repairing tires, operating retreading equipment, measuring tires for mold fitment, and identify the highest quality remolded tires to ship to our customers.
- Ability to read English and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Experience working with daily goals and objections to ensure you production meets plant standards.
- Experience with basic lean manufacturing principles (5S, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Etc.)
- Understanding of basic plant safety and OSHA requirements. You must want to be part of a safe plant that priorities activities in the following order: 1-Safety 2-Quality 3-Production
- Excellent time management – Employees must be committed to showing up for work on time.
- Good math skills. Technicians are required to keep basic counts of what was produced or rejected during each shift
Education and/or Experience:
Technical degree or certificate is strongly preferred with specializations in an automotive or engineering field. In lieu of a strong educational background, a proven track record in automotive, injection molding or retread production will be considered.
Salary Requirements/ benefits)
Depends on experience. $13/hr., to $17/hr. (depends on experience and what shift you are working). TreadWright offers competitive medical insurance and monthly bonus opportunities.
Job Conditions / Working environment:
Work is performed in a normal manufacturing/distribution environment with lifting requirements up to 75lbs. Work conditions are hot and uncomfortable in the summer months.
Email your resume to Chris@treadwright.com with the job title in the subject line.